I am breedless... My owner has no idea what I am....

I am an energetic little cat,(named Lilly) I look nothing like my siblings. I don't know who my dad was... My fur is white and have very light tan markings. I have markings on my paws and ears and a dissolved stripe down my back. My face and tail has tan stripes. I have a little pink nose and icy blue eyes. When I left my old house I found a furrever home with my sis Gracie and more cats. My sis Gracie is gray with dark gray stripes all over, her stomach is a very light gray. Actually, after we got our names we found out we were boys.... We kept our names though! My friend Carl is breedless too. He is black and white, and green oval/circle eyes. I NEED HELP! Any suggestions?

Asked by Member 1137287 on Oct 23rd 2012 Tagged breeds, cat, questions in Breeds

Answers

That's funny! My son had a cat named "Grace" (after the Dave Mattews song "Grace is Gone") and he turned out to be a boy, too. And, Izadore was supposed to be "Isabel" but the vet discovered he, too, is a boy. A litter of cats can often have more than one father as the mother only produces an egg during mating. It's not that you are all "breedless", but probably have a big family tree with lots of cats of many breeds sitting on the limbs. You can use the Internet to research different cat breeds. I always thought Delilah was a Maine Coon mix as was advertised on her adoption card, but learned a few years ago from a Catster friend that she is most likely Persian. Purrs!