Leia

How to make kitten eat new food?

I have been trying to get my kitten to switch from purina to wellness and the transition is not working.. I put some of both in a bowl and she only eats the purina! Any ideas on how to make her eat the wellness without making her starve?

Asked by Leia on Feb 17th 2010 in Food & Nutrition

Answers

Just give it more time. She will get used to it. My Lucy came to me eating Purina and Iams and I started mixing in my Wellness right away and slowly phased out the other stuff. I was lucky because she seems like she will eat just about anything. But you might try giving her some of the mixture soaked in a little warm water until she gets used to the new taste. Lucy was used to having her food mushy so I did that at first and it seemed to make the other cats think that the bowl had something really special in it. It enhances the smell a bit. I had to push them away to let her eat her mush. Just be patient and give her time to adjust. Leia is adorable!! I just love torties!! I have two.