Shadow

how to keep a cat calm after surgery

Shadow had surgery to fix a torn muscle and set a fracture in his ankle and i need to keep him calm put he won't stay still

Asked by Shadow on Apr 26th 2010 Tagged brokenleg, surgery, wontstaystill in Emergencies & First Aid

Answers

The vet should have prescribed a sedative if he wants him to stay calm. If nothing else put him in a carrier and cover it so he feels safe and calm.

Your vet probably didn't prescribe anything because I assume your cat just had surgery. I would suggest keeping your cat confined to a small area (bathroom) or better yet, in a large dog crate with his bed, litter box, food and water. You need to restrict his activity for a while. I certainly hope your veterinarian's office gave you some type of discharge instructions to follow. If not, call the office and ask for their advice. Hope kitty is up and feeling better soon!