Sorrel

how much does a female one year old Maine coon weigh

Ok I have a pure breed Maine coon I even have the papers to prove and she is a year old and she weighs 8lbs and I feel like she is healthy as can be but I've read that maine coons are soposed to be big boned and my parents say she isnt but still it takes 2 to 5 years for them to be full grown but she looks the same from every pic i've looked at but want to be sure so please reply thanks /:(

Asked by Sorrel on May 31st 2011 in Maine Coon

Answers

Female Maine Coons have an average weight or 10 to 15 pounds but they are not done growing until they are between 3 and 5 years old so Sorrel has a way to go if she is just a year old. Also keep in mind that "standard" doesn't mean that all of them fit into that. The standard for Persians is 8 to 10 pounds and I have one who is only 5 pounds and one who is 6.5 pounds and then one who is 13 pounds. I have 3 from the same Mom & Dad who are all different sizes. Some kitties are just small. Your best bet to get an idea about your specific cat is to ask your breeder how big she thinks Sorrel should be at this age. Your breeder should be more aware of how big that Mom cat's female kittens generally grow to be. And when you have your annual vet visit, your vet will know if she seems to be developing normally and if she feels heavy enough for her frame.

gracie tatanka

i would just like to add that up until grace was 6 months she was small for an ordinary cat let alone a maine but once she was speyed she caught up supper fast shes now 2 an a half still growing and 16 lbs of solid muscle! so dont worry as long as shes healthy she will grow to what ever size she is meant to be!

gracie tatanka answered on 6/1/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer