how long should my cat eat before an operation

my cat is having an operation on her eye in the morning do i starve her before

Asked by Member 731277 on Sep 8th 2008 in Senior Pet

Answers

Lucy Nooner

I would call the vet's office that is doing the surgery and ask them. That is the best way to make sure that your cat is prepared in the right way for the surgery.

Purring that all goes well for your kitty and that her eye feels better.

Lucy Nooner answered on 9/8/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Check with your vet's office but normally they need to be fasted for at least 12 hours (for anesthegia). When my cats have morning surgery, they can not eat after 9 PM. Hope everything goes well.

Hunter

Call and ask but typically you should pull the food by midnight and pull the water in the AM.

Hunter answered on 9/8/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Bella (In Loving Memory)

Hunter has it right! Food at midnight the night before, water when you get up. You will more than probably get to feed her when she comes home tomorrow (if she's staying over night they'll probably feed her there) and so she won't starve!

Bella (In Loving Memory) answered on 9/8/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer