How large will these kittens get? Are they mixed with Savannah?

8 weeks ago, my great-grandmother found a mother cat and her three newborn kittens in the backwoods of southern Indiana. The mother is a beautiful, extremely friendly blotched tabby, who at what the vet estimates to be 7 months old is 12 pounds. Her kittens have very interesting markings - my kitten, named Artemus, is yellow with dark brown spots all over her body and stomach, except for winged "eyeliner" on her face. Her siblings are the same, except for being grey with almost black spots on their bodies. They are all extremely "wild", despite constant interaction. They are 8 weeks old, each weigh over 6 pounds, and have the largest legs and feet I have ever seen on an 8 week old kitten.
Could they be mixed with a very large, spotted breed? Any suggestions on how to make them stop growling and hissing?

Asked by Member 1126150 on Aug 17th 2012 Tagged kittens, breeds, bengal, savannah, spottedcats, help, aggressive in Behavior & Training

Answers

I've heard of cats mating with wild Bobcats but don't know if it's true or not. Without photos of the kittens/mother, it's almost impossible to tell what they are, and even WITH a photo, it would be extremely difficult. These cats need to be socialized and there aren't enough characters given here to explain all you'll need to do. Your best bet is to contact a vet who specializes in socializing feral cats or even to contact a local ASPCA chaper, rescue or humane organization and ask for their help. It's a long and involved process, but worth it in the end. Izzie was feral when I rescued him, and even though he was kept in a large dog cage for six weeks, I socialized him according to advice and guidance from a local vet and the feral experts at the humane organization I volunteered with. He's a wonderful kitty now and I don't know how I'd live without him! Good luck!