Garfield

How high can a cat jump?

I was wondering how high they really can. I've seen my cat jump pretty high but I don't know excatly how high. I've heard some people say seven times the lenght of their tail...

Asked by Garfield on Feb 12th 2008 Tagged jump, high, cat in Other Behavior & Training

Best Answer

Oscar pretty much jumps wherever he wants to be.

My friends have a kitty who can jump from the floor to the shelf in their closet which is about 6 feet.

If kitty wants somewhere, he'll fiture out a way to get there. MOL

Oscar J. Cat answered on Feb 13th.

Answers

Well, the size of the cat, it's weight, it's age,how good of shape it's in, how long it's legs are, if it's jumping because something is chasing it, and how badly it wants whatever it's jumping toward probably count a lot for how high it can jump. My cats can jump from the recliner arm to the top of the entertainment center which is probably about six feet. It's getting back down that's the trick!!