how do you groom your cat

how to groom your cat

Asked by Member 866963 on Aug 12th 2009 in Products & Tools

Answers

Emily

Most cats groom themselves quite sufficiently. If you have a longhair cat or a cat that doesn't clean well (my 15 year old isnt as flexible as she used to be) your best advice would come from both a vet and experienced groomer.

Emily answered on 8/13/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Your question is very non specific as far as what kind of grooming you mean. And what kind of hair. I have all long haired cats and my grooming includes combing with a metal comb every couple of days to keep them mat free. Nail trimming weekly and face wiping for the leaky Persian eyes daily. When they get matted, there is extra work to get the mats out and if it gets bad enough that a comb can't handle it, then it's time to hire a professional groomer to shave out the mats.

Tiiko

Both my cats have medium lenghtth hair so I brush them every few days, I also got this really nice cat shampoo form a local vet and now weekly baths take place. As long as you do not over bathe them it will not hurt thier coat, and if you start young your cats will love the water:)

Tiiko answered on 8/13/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer