How do you cure yeast infection on Shih Tzu?

My Shih Tzu gets yeast infections on her front legs and chest area. How can I cure it completely? It smells bad and she itches and is uncomfortable. I use the same salve on the yeast infection that I put in her ears and it helps; I also use medicated shampoo but it does not cure it.

Asked by Member 605987 on Mar 11th 2008 Tagged itching, scratching, yeast, flaking, smell in Skin Problems

Answers

Tinker Bell 2003-2006

You should ask the vet, but sunlight will cure yeast infections too.

(In the future, you should ask questions about dogs at dogster.com. This is a kitty-cat website. Merow!)

Tinker Bell 2003-2006 answered on 3/11/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Acidolphilus or Multidophilus capsules from Solaray, plus a antifungal cream (athletes foot)on the lesions. Worked wonders for my 35 pound dog. You'll have to adjust amounts for a smaller dog. Meow!