Macadamia

How do we know where they are with the microchip

All I found was his microchip information but no location

Asked by Macadamia on Mar 19th 2009 Tagged microchip in I.D. Tags & Microchips

Best Answer

The microchip doesn't help you track the location of your cat but if he gets lost and is taken to a shelter or vets they can scan him and contact you.

You can get GPS tracking devices for pets but they are still fairly bulky and too big for cats.

Sassy (2001-2012) answered on Mar 19th.

Answers

The microchip is usually injected just under the skin between their shoulder blades. Places like vets and shelters with the scanners usually know the normal places to check so if he gets lost, they would be able to find it. If you are really concerned about the location, you could check with the shelter where you got Macadamia and ask them where his is located.

Allies' right, and don't let anyone tell you that they "float" through the animal's body. My vet said that only happens in 5% of the cases of microchipping. She said the worst thing that could happen is that scar tissue will form a smal "lump" and even that doesn't happen often. You may want to take him in to have him scanned to make sure he was chipped.

Baltster 1990 ~ 2011

Thats funny I've also been told... sometimes they move around. One person told me she found the chip details in the cats tail. But they do put it up between the shoulders just under the skin.

Baltster 1990 ~ 2011 answered on 3/19/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

More Questions in This Category