how do i adopt a cat and how much does it cost

Sampson 5 year old male ID 387381

Asked by Member 558613 on Jan 15th 2008 in The Adoption Process

Answers

Morgana - forever my soul

I'm not sure what cat or from where that you want to adopt but if it's related to Catster & the cats sometimes offered as adoptable here, they have a FAQ on how to adopt. I hope this page will answer your questions & help you find an adorable fuzzy one to fill your life with happiness, love, purrs AND of course, lots of cat hair! (-;
www.catster.com

Morgana - forever my soul answered on 1/15/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

ishtar *proud wobnapt*

errrr, sorry, is it possible, you've "chosen" a cat who already HAS a furever home??? not every catster is looking for a new home, most of us are quite happy where we are...

the section where you'll find adoptable catster-cats is under the "Adoption"-button in the left navigation (also: the most right button in the navigation beam on top). there you'll also find answers to your other questions.

ishtar *proud wobnapt* answered on 1/16/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Sam

I looked the cat up, he's already in what looks like a very loving home and isn't adoptable. To find adoptable cats you click adoption on the left hand bar, then type in what you're looking for and the area you're zip code. You would then want to send the kitty a pawmail or contact the foster if the contact info is on their site. How much it costs to adopt completely depends on the foster or rescue organization and probably the amount of medical care the kitty has received. Most adopters also like to talk to a vet reference.
If you don't find the kitty you're looking for on here, I would google Siamese rescues in your area (it looks like you might be interested in a Siamese) or go to the SPCA. Most SPCAs will adopt out a spayed or neutered kitty with all of its shots for about $70 and these guys make awesome pets.

Sam answered on 1/18/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

If that cat isn't available, definitely try Petfinder.com. That's how we found our latest addition. You just enter your area and what type of animal you're looking for. They give you profiles from many groups who have animals that meet your preferences.