How can i help my cat lose weight?

My Norwegian Forest Cat Mickaela is about 10 lbs over weight. I just got her friday from another couple. She is 4 years old and weighs more than my dogs does.

Asked by Member 1143375 on Dec 2nd 2012 in Obesity

Answers

Whenever and however we acquire a new pet, it's always a good idea to take them to the vet's as soon as we can. Even if there are no health issues, it's a good idea to establish her with your vet when there aren't shots and tests involved and it's just a "get acquainted" visit. At that time, ask for their professional opinion on whether Miss Michaela is a little too portly. NFC's are big cats, but any cat can be overweight if it's diet hasn't been monitored. She may not need to be on an expensive prescription diet from your vet. They may suggest an "off the shelf" food and tell you how to feed her. They can also suggest the best ways to play with her to help her get back in shape.

Hi there,

I've been there like you. I know what you mean when you say you can't lose weight. I believe that everyone should find their best way to lose weight.

It is not a simple subject. One thing is for sure, you must be consistent about it.

Anyhow, I found one weight-loss system that works for me, I don't know if it will work for everyone but maybe it is a good idea to check it out...

I found it just by searching the web and after many different tries. Have a look if you want: bit.ly
Good luck to you all!!