Koi

Help with a rodent ulcer?

Hello! I'm new to this site so a big hello to all the kitties out there! I have a question!
My 9 month old kitten Koi has suddenly developed what I believe to be a rodent ulcer on her bottom lip. We do not have the funds to take her to the vet currently due to my losing my job a month or so ago. Due to a huge mess with losing my job we lost our power in our apartment and had to live for a few days without her. We had all the means to make sure she had food and water, and even someone to come by and check on her every day. This,however, was the first time she was left alone for about a week without her 'parents' to see her. She was fine, active and a happy cat before we left but when we came back home we slowly started to notice her developing a growing sore on her bottom lip. We fed her Mulit-grain (Chicken flavored) for about half a year now and she was very reluctant to eat it when we first got it for her. I have recently changed her water bowl form a plastic to an aluminum one.

Asked by Koi on May 26th 2013 Tagged rodentulcers in Allergies

Answers

If you are not a vet, you can not diagnose your cat at all. It could be a cancerous growth or a host of other things. She doesn't want to eat because it HURTS!!! Do her a favor and use credit to see the vet and get her help, unless you want to watch her starve to death or die because you c/would not bring her in for necessary emergency care. ^_^