Help! Sphynx cat with tummy issues

Hi I have a 3 year old sphynx cat that has not been acting herself lately. She seemed to have stopped eatting, became weak and we brought her to the vet as soon as we notice the change. The vet kept her for a few day trying to get her to eat, seeing if there was blockage but nothing seemed to help. They final were getting her to hold down food so they sent her home. She sleep all night, we gave her some water with a dropper and she throw it up later in the night. This morning she is drinking water on her own but we are still having problems getting her to eat. Now we had switched her diet about 6 months ago to science diet which they vet told us to stop feeding her. She does have a very sensitive stomach, ever since we got her she would eliminate next to the litter box never in and it was alway very soft or runny. I was hoping that someone here could help me try and figure out why she's so sick and to find her a better diet to keep her healthy.

Asked by Member 1149382 on Jan 11th 2013 Tagged vomiting, sciencediet, help in Health & Wellness

Answers

They do make food for Sensitive Stomachs (Purina One). That's what Delilah is on. However, unless you have a definite diagnoses from your vet about what her issues are, tinkering with her diet might not be such a good idea. It sounds like you are doing the right thing by vetting her, but you need a definite diagnoses so you can help her. Are you feeding her the same way the vet did? If she can't hold down even water, something is going on. Speak frankly with your vet and tell them you need an answer as to what they think is going on. If diagnosing her is not possible for them, they may suggest sending you to a specialty vet clinic which is staffed by a group of vets who each specialize in one area of cat or dog health. I hope you find out what's going on with your baby soon and that she feels better. Keep us updated!

The other poster offers good advice. My cat has a sensitive stomach and I feed her Wellness can food. She hasn't had any problems with this food for over five (5) years now since I got her. By the way, I former cat Science Diet several years ago (during major pet food recall) and she died. She literally collapsed in her litter box and died a few days later. So, I have to agree with your vet to stop that food! Maybe you will get more advice from other posters. Hope kitty gets better soon. Hugs and purrs to her.