Guest

Help! My cat ate chocolate

My kitten got into some chocolate covered strawberries before I could stop him, only a small amount but I've heard even a tiny bit of dark choclate can kill a cat. What can I do? Should I try to induce vomiting??


Asked by Member 722509 on Sep 23rd 2008 Tagged chocolate in Emergencies & First Aid
Report this question Get this question's RSS feed Send this question to a friend



Status

  • Cast your vote for which answer you think is best!


Answers

Sweet Mist of Ariel

If it was a very small amount like a few licks he should be fine. I would watch him and if you see he's not feeling well take him to his vet. Usually a lick or two won't cause any harm. Chocolate is not good for cats but worse for dogs.


Sweet Mist of Ariel answered on 9/24/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer


Tabby

Hi,
just for your Peace of mind, why dont you call your Vet( A visit may not be required) and find out what you need to look out for or what you can do further to avoid any harm that can be caused by the chocolate? This way you would be well informed to look for any symptoms or atleast will know when to take your cat to the Vet.


Tabby answered on 9/24/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer