Hello pairing together of two kittens of different ages

Hi there me and my partner have had are first kitten for 2 months now shes 4 months old we have just taken in a boy thats 8 weeks old and the girl doesnt seam to happy about it what is the way to introduce them. Mitzee are 4 month old kitten bit TC are new boy on the neck a couple of times and im abit worried so tryimg to keep them apart but I want to know the words from the wise so I thought id post somewhere that people know about this komd of stuff please can you all help

Asked by Member 1165095 on Apr 14th 2013 in Other Kittens

Answers

You need to give your girl extra attention, treats and toys during this process, or she will get jealous. Getting a friend of the opposite gender is good. He should live in the bathroom for her to get a chance to sniff him out and until you flea-treat him. He needs a blanket, litter box, toys, food and water bowls, and a couple of hours of daily attention from you. SUPERVISED VISITS ARE A MUST until you are sure that they are not going to fight after you leave the premises. FYI, dropping treats like SmartBites on their heads, along with a half glass of water, is a good way to stop an altercation. I got a new kitten less than two months ago, and she never had to be separated from the others. They are 14 1/2, 7 and 8. They still hiss at her and let her know she's in their way, but I picked according to personality and gender so there wouldn't be any major issues... and there aren't. ^_^