Puar

Headache since my cat got here...

So i've had a horrible headache since my kitten came to live with me about 5 days ago...yes a 5 day headache. Pretty sure I'm allergic to her. But I'm already in love with her and I don't want to ever give her up. What is a good med i can take to alleviate my allergy?

Asked by Puar on Jun 14th 2012 in Allergies

Answers

Asia

Hi there, you could have a word with your pharmacist. He/she may be able to recommend an antihistamine.Good luck, hope you feel better soon.

Asia answered on 6/15/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

My 20 old female cat has started sleeping like this ever since she's been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism, and two years later, she was diagnosed with chronic renal failure. Just like you write...head buried in a pillow, or buried in the crook of my elbow! You write that she is extremely needy...that is the FIRST symptom that made me take her to the vet. She (the cat) started following me around, crying to be picked up or for me to sit down so she could jump on my lap. The vet immediately ordered a T4 test for hyperthyroidism, and the cat tested positive. Apparently, one of the most common symptoms is a change in personality or in habits. She was fine for about 2 years, then the symptoms returned, this time accompanied by incontinence. Turns out she has chronic renal failure AS WELL, whose symptoms often mimic hyperthyroidism!

www.rabbitrunsandhutches.co.uk

www.chickencoopsoutlet.co.uk

www.dogkennelsoutlet.co.uk

I'm so sorry you're not feeling well! Could it be coincidental? Allergies usually manifest themselves by causing sneezing, sore throats, watery eyes and a general feeling of lethargy. I would be certain that I was suffering from allergies before I tried self-medicating. Headaches can be symptoms of many other illnesses, especially a 5 day one! I get a continual headache when our air-conditioning goes on! Do speak with your pharmacist about it before taking anything. And, there are online articles about how to manage Puar and your home to cut down on any allergy symptoms or causes. It usually involves grooming her, vacuuming, etc. You can also call a rescue organization or your local shelter and they'll give you hints. I hope it all works out and that you feel better!