Khaleesi

Getting spayed and my momma is scared!

I am going to the vet Monday to get spayed and my mom is really nervous. She is showering me with treats and has a cried a few times already, she lost a couple kitties a few months before she became my mommy and so now I think she is just really scared about bad things happening! The vet said I was in great health, and I am almost 5 months old so I know I am a big enough girl...but my mom is still really scared!

Asked by Khaleesi on Sep 28th 2012 Tagged spay in Spaying & Neutering

Answers

Oh, my. Please tell Mommy not to worry. If the vet has given you a clean bill of health and the go-ahead for your (very important) surgery, you will be absolutely fine. Our mom used to be an animal rescue volunteer and the instances of complications with spay/neuter surgery were VERY rare. Mom should be prepared for the fact that you will be "out of it" for a day or so after the surgery. You might even throw up a little from the meds. But that's normal. Our mom always takes that opportunity, when we're so "low-key" to hug and kiss us like crazy 'cause she doesn't have to chase us! Tell Mommy to write down any questions she has for the doc and then write down the answers, like what to watch for and how to take care of you after your little surgery. If your mom wants to talk to our mom, she can feel free to pawmail us. We'd be happy to talk to her!