Klancy and Kosmo

Funny Purr or Congestion?

Kozmo sounds like he's congested when he purrs. He seems fine otherwise. An 8 pound ball of fluff. Temp is normal, eyes are clear, nose is cool and wet. He eats and poos normally and he is a little lovebug. But for the life of me, I can't figure out why he sounds so congested.
Any ideas?

Asked by Klancy and Kosmo on Nov 30th 2008 Tagged cold in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

Freckles (1993-2011)

If he's always purred like that he may just have a funny purr but if its new he probably coming down with some kind of infection. Freckles is getting over a sinus infection/URI and to start with she sounded really bad all the time. Now she's getting better and she just makes a kind of snuffling noise mixed in with her normal purr.

If its new you should take him to a vet to get checked out.

Freckles (1993-2011) answered on 11/30/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

As the previous poster said, if Kozmo has always purred that way, I wouldn't be too concerned about it. Cats purrs are as different as human's voices! Natasha's purr is realy delicate and sweet, but I know that some cat's purrs are overpowering and mascluine.

If this odd purring is new, I would take him in to the vet for a check up. He might be developing an upper respiratory infection.

Good luck with you sweet kitties!