female cat with vibrating tail and stretched leg???

My female cats tail is (i guess you could say) vibrating then she will walk and stop with one leg behind her almost like stretching that 1 leg! I dont think she is spraying cuz i dont smell anything in the direction she was pointing and dont see anything come out.... I dont know exactly what she is doing. can someone help me figure out what it it???

Asked by Member 1032800 on May 5th 2011 Tagged tail, vibrate, stretch, legs, spray in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

Cats do vibrate their tail when they're about to "spray-paint" something and even spayed cats will "dry-spray", but I believe your kitty is just showing you she's happy or excited. My daughter's cat, Josie, does this, I'm honored to say, when she sees me. It's usually followed by headbonking, lap-sitting and sometimes fishy-scented kisses. In a way, it's like purring. My Izzie purrs when he's happy, content, scared or about to do something he shouldn't, like clawing and biting my feet under the covers. Some cats vibrate their tails instead or in addition to purring. If a cat is about to spray, it will vibrate its tail and then back up to something like a tree or a wall. Don't worry that it's something wrong with your kitty. She's just saying "Hi! I'm glad to see you. Now feed me!"