Wembley

Female cat - Spraying?

So since we found homes for all of Wembley's kittens. She REFUSES to pee in her litter box. She was even pooping behind a chair, but has since stopped. She aims for furniture, and laundry generally and she keeps trying to pee in my daughters/husbands clothes.
Well, we were working on that situation when suddenly she got up into my husbands lap, lifted her tail and sprayed pee ALL over him after he'd closed a window she hangs out in. BAD right?
So tonight he pulls up the blinds in our room, so she can see out, but not scratch at the screen all night. & She comes in, stands next to my head, lifts her tail and WHILE I'M SLEEPING sprays pee all over the side of my head. I wake up thinking my daughter is dousing me with a cuppy, and I WISH that had been the case.

WHAT do I do about this? If she keeps it up, we will have to take her to the shelter and thats really what I've been trying to avoid since she was a stray.

Asked by Wembley on Sep 29th 2008 Tagged peeing, spraying, pee, urine, marking, bad in Behavior & Training

Answers

Spaying Wembley will help to reduce the spraying a LOT. You should also have her checked to make sure she doesn't have a bladder or kidney infection. Also, clean any place she pees thoroughly with something like Nature's Miracle (available at Petsmart) to get rid of all the urine scent. Female cats often spray when they come into heat or if there are too many cats in the household. You can also try Feliway pheromone scent (also Petsmart) and Cat Attract litter to help entice her back to her box. Make sure that her box is where it always was when she was using it and very clean.