Quindim

Eating a bird?

Mommy works all day and yesterday when she arrived home she saw some black tiny feathers all over her bedroom. We live in a house and I’m aloud to play at the yard all day, during the night I’m indoor only. Where we live there are tons of hummingbirds, by the tiny size of the feathers she found, mommy believes that I ate a hummingbird. It could be dangerous to my heath?


Asked by Quindim on Sep 20th 2011 Tagged bird, hummingbird, eat in Swallowing Foreign Objects
Report this question Get this question's RSS feed Send this question to a friend



Status

  • Cast your vote for which answer you think is best!


Answers

Izadore (Izzie)

It would be more dangerous if you had eaten a rodent or a bug than a bird. When you eat one of those, you are also ingesting any poisons or toxins that the animal you ate ate. Cats in the wild eat birds all the time with no ill effects. There is the "Bird Flu", but the only way you'd be affected by that is if you picked up a dead bird (who died of this) in the yard and ate it. Just to be safe, let mom know if you don't feel good so she can at least call your v-e-t. If you start vomiting, get diarrhea, stop eating your regular food, start hiding, etc., it's time to go in for a check. Since you're outside all day alone, it might not be a bad idea if mom checked with the vet to make sure you are up to date on all your shots as well.


Izadore (Izzie) answered on 9/20/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer


Guest

It could be. If the suspected victim died because of disease or sickness, then you could experience vommiting or poisoning.

Tell Mummy to notice if you have any weird behaviour and call the Vet immediately if she noticed anything.


Member 1058861 answered on 9/25/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer