Versace

Does my kitty need the Feline Leukemia vaccine?

I was told by my vet that since Sace is indoors only and we have no other cats, he doesn't need the Feline Leukemia vaccine. I am still nervous though. We live in an apartment, and I would just hate for him to run out the door and not be protected.

Do any other indoor cat owners get the Feline Leukemia vaccine? Can it hurt them if they don't "need" it?

Thanks!

Leah and Versace

Asked by Versace on Nov 1st 2009 Tagged felineleukemia, vaccines, indoor in Vaccinations

Answers

Ayla

I would def get the vacine. What if he got out then there's no telling if he will get it or not. My baby Ayla is indoors only but she is still getting it. Better safe then sorry...

Ayla answered on 11/2/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I agree with Ayla. 2 of my 3 cats are indoor only, but all 3 get each vaccine my vet recommends including the FeLeuk. They've never had an adverse reaction to any vaccines they've ever been given.