R.I.P Mollie

Does my cat look like a Maine Coon mix?

I adopted a kitten today and she was listed as a Domestic long hair . . . I think she looks a lot like the pictures of maine coon kittens I've seen . . . Please take a look at the linked pictures

www.facebook.com

Asked by R.I.P Mollie on Aug 5th 2010 in Maine Coon

Answers

I thought you meant the black cat, and that was a definite no. The Facebook cat may have some Maine Coon heritage. Don't forget, Maine Coons come in a variety of colors, so just because a cat is a brown tabby doesn't necessarily mean that it's a Maine Coon. But yes, she does look like she could have MC blood.

To me she does look like she has some Maine Coon in her. Technically she is a Domestic Long Hair as that is the correct breed for a long haired mixed breed/no pedigree cat. Maine Coons are a native breed of cat that many domestic cats are descended from and later became a recognised pedigree breed with specific breed standards. Because of this there are a lot of mixed breed cats that look similar to Maine Coons.