Louie (1996-2013)

Does anyone know of a fun, "flying" toy?

I am on the lookout for a toy that will get my cats moving. Many years ago I bought a laser pointer, but none of my cats will chase it (I use it at work now). They see where it's coming from and will actually come over to me and paw at it in my hand instead of chase it. They like the fishing pole toys OK but get bored because it's limited movement. I was wondering if anyone knew of something that simulated the movements of a big bug or butterfly since all my boys love to watch, stalk and kill bugs. Maybe something I can hang from the ceiling or quietly zips around on the floor that gets my older cats moving? I remember seeing some motorized mobile in some pet store once, but can't recall where. Any other suggestions?

Asked by Louie (1996-2013) on Sep 3rd 2008 Tagged toys in Toys

Answers

I also like fishing pole style toys and the laser light. I also love a toy called the Cat Dancer. It's a wire with cardboard logs on the end and mimics a bug - I go nuts for it! You should be able to find it a Petsmart or Petco. Or off their website: www.catdancer.com

Dicie May

Try the CatDancer its a silly pieace of wire connected to a bit of cardboard on the end. You hold ion one end and the silly thing moves like a fly. My cat is 10 and this thing really gets her to move, the pen light gets her attention for 5 seconds and that all, with this silly thing she will go and go till I am tired.

Dicie May answered on 9/3/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

i love the kinds of toys that look like a tail on a stick. The longer the tail the better. Meowmy and daddy get me playing until I start panting. My sister, Flower likes them too. The longer the tail the better.

Sherlock and Kritter

We both love a human toy that Meowmy got at a Dollar Store. It is a wind-up gun and you put 'heliocopter' circles on, wind it up and fire! They fly and we LOVE to chase them!

Sherlock and Kritter answered on 9/5/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Meep

We are cat dancer fans! Bibi likes to chase and pounce and Meep (taht's me) loves to leap up in the air. It is versatile and we stare at mom while she eats dinner so she remembers to come over and play ASAP! There is also a version you can tape to the wall-- we haven't tried that one yet but Bibi likes to grab an end of the cat dancer and drag it around.

Meep answered on 9/5/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Munchkin

I really LOVE fishing rod toys. The only problem is that the string eventually snaps.

Munchkin answered on 9/5/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

❤Ruben❤ DB #⑩

Have you ever heard of Da bird?
Its a really cool feather toy that when you spin it around it looks like a bird.
Here is the website
www.go

❤Ruben❤ DB #⑩ answered on 9/5/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Skeezix

My favorite is the Whirlybird Cat Toy. It's the only cat toy that evry singul cat in owr howse goze insane over. And yoo can buy reeplacement berdies for it.

www.whirly

Skeezix answered on 9/5/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Hi Louie,
"Da-Bird" is da bomb. When your human waves it through the air is sounds like a birds wings flapping. They have other attachments for it too like mylar fringes and fuzzy feathers.

Isabella

Absolutely the Cat Dancer! I purrsonally run and jump and flip over and go just crazy! My sisfur, used to get so crazy and pant when she played that my pawrents thought she'd have a heart attack!

Cat Dancer!

Isabella answered on 9/8/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Harriet

Harriet LOVES the "Feline Flyer" (a version of another toy, called "Da Bird"). It mimics the sound and flight of a real bird, and she goes insane when we play: she'll destroy it unless I put it away in the closet. I found it at Pet Club, but you can also get it at Petco.

Here's a link to the product:

www.petco.com

Harriet answered on 9/9/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Briana

Da Bird is Da Word! We absolutely love it and it's not too expensive -- Around $10 for the starter and around $6 for the replacements.

The Cat Dancer is wicked cheap -- under $3 or $5 if you want the pad so you can attach it to the wall.

The Chripy Teezer is also cool. It's a long piece of fleece on a stick that chirps when you swing it.
www.petco.com
My cousins love theirs.

Best toy EVER are Cat Crazies. They're like the plastic rings off of a milk jug only better!
www.petco.com

Briana answered on 9/10/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

♥Merlin♥

get them a flingamastring it hangs on any door is battery operated just turn it on and a revolvinconveyor belt sends a piece of brightly coloured string round and round it keeps my very demanding cat happy for ages on his own without any need for interaction from me when i cant b there or am busy there is also a bug jar that mimics flying bugs insideyou can also get kitty dvds and videos that have insects and birds to watch and stalk on the big screen xxx

♥Merlin♥ answered on 1/30/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer