Do you have pet urine stains and odors in your house?

I have asked this question in the past and must share an unbelieveable solution with you all. As those of you who know Izzie have heard, our home is for sale and many of those coming through to view it have commented on the pet stains/odor in the house. I've discovered something that works better than anything I've ever tried, including professional cleaning! Mix 1/2 cup of Pine-Sol, 1/2 cup of Downy or other highly scented fabric softener and 1/3 cup of ammonia. Fill with water and put into the soap solution tank of a steam
scrubber. Use the scrubber as usual. Old stains may take more effort. I've removed urine,cat barf and "skid marks" (feces) from a white carpet. The stain AND the smells are gone! Since I've done this, no one coming through our house has commented on the pet odor or visible stains!

Asked by Izadore (Izzie) on Dec 15th 2009 Tagged homemadepee, etcremover in Odor Eliminators

Answers

Wow thank you! i will try that because i have found urinary stains from my kitten and that will be very useful!

Cleopatra 8/4/96-7/18/13

Wow, cool! We need to save this somewhere :) thanks for sharing!

Cleopatra 8/4/96-7/18/13 answered on 12/15/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

♥ Tasha ♥

That is great Izzie!! I know you have been working at this problem for a long time- I am so happy you have found a solution!

xoxoxo Tasha

♥ Tasha ♥ answered on 12/16/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Annie Spokescat  Calico Juncti

We have kitties who are upset, when new ones arrives. Urine on the Carpets, Couch, Etc: We have found that Hydrogen Peroxide put directly on the area, or soak a cloth with Peroxide and dab the area. Leave on for a few min.or longer. Wipe with damp cloth. No more Odor or stain.

Annie Spokescat Calico Juncti answered on 1/3/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Leia

This is great info. We have tile floors, not carpet, but I'm thinking it should still work in a floor cleaner machine. Been looking for one and a pet odor cleaner that goes with it and am leaning towards the Hoover FloorMate. Pee-puddles still leave an odor on tile, too.

Leia answered on 5/12/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

If the area is still wet you should first attempt to absorb the dog urine. Leaving it there to dry out will only encourage bacterial growth which causes the smell.

The best method is to place several layers of paper towel over the wet area and tread on it so as to soak up as much of the dog urine as you possibly can. You may have to repeat this several times until no more dog urine can be soaked up.

Sometimes dog urine accidents have already dried because you did not notice them previously. You can find dried urine spots on your carpet with the aid of a black light. The dog urine stains will fluoresce under the ultra violet light in a darkened room. Hand held black lights are quite inexpensive usually costing between $15 - $25.
Of course, you can always save the expense of a black light.

www.rabbitrunsandhutches.co.uk

www.chickencoopsoutlet.co.uk

www.dogkennelsoutlet.co.uk