Deaf cat and the outdoors.

I have just adopted a 2 year old Deaf cat, she is the sweetest little thing. She has been with me for 1 week now, she is settling in just fine, my question is, can she lead a normal life like any other cat by going outdoors and playing in the garden. I am worried that she gets bullied by other cats or even gets lost. Please can other deaf cat owners let me know about thier cats and if they should be kept indoors or would it be fine to let her out to roam around the garden and surrounds.

Asked by Member 1140920 on Nov 16th 2012 in The Catster Website

Answers

All kitties should be indoor only. The great outdoors is far too dangerous for kitties: cars, mean dogs, mean people, wildlife, poisons/chemicals, other cats that may lead to cat fights or diseases - the list of dangers is almost endless. Deaf kitties will not be able to hear any dangers. Please, for your kitty's safety - keep her indoors. You can hang some bird feeders outside a window for her to watch. If you feel you must take her outdoors, use a harness and leash or a pet stroller.

Phoebe

I am a firm believer that domesticated cats belong indoors - especially a special needs kitty such as yours. I think that you can make her indoor environment just as stimulating as the garden with a cat tree and toys and lots of play time. Bless you for making her a part of your family. Good luck.

Phoebe answered on 11/16/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer