Crazyness.

Okay, sometimes when my cat is sleeping on my bed and I'm on my computer, my computer is facing the opposite wall so I cant see her, my back is facing her. Sometimes, when I'm just typing away on AIM or writing something like Labs...she'll suddenly cry. Like, she'll make really strange sounds from her throat. Now, it doesnt worry me in anyway but...should I be? Is it normal? Do I just suddenly wake her up? Usually she looks confused. I go over to her and see if shes alright and she'll just stare at me...looking very confused like, "Where am I?" She'll, of course knowing her, fall back asleep and I'll finish up whatever I was doing. I, personally, think its funny but should I be doing something about it?? Answer please. Thank you so much!

Asked by Member 919779 on Nov 24th 2009 in Local

Answers

My cats do it all of the time. They wake up from a nap and let out a yowl. Sometimes it is because they want me to answer so they will know where I am. One of them does that. But with Allie, Chelsea and Blaze, it is just something that they do. Nothing is wrong. They don't want anything. They just wake up and let out a meow. I would not worry about your cat.

Izzie always has something to say when he wakes up and it's usually "Feed me." Cats don't stop listening even when they're asleep (watch their ears sometime--they never stop moving). It's possible your kitty hears something you're not even aware of. Having said that, I agree with Allie that it's normal, but if you notice your cat is having an issue with moving around or jumping, call and ask your vet if they want to see her. You'll want to make sure she has no health issues.