Colloidal Silver for wounds?

I found a lot about Colloidal Silver on the internet, many speak for it and many speak against it.

Does any of you or your friends have an experience with it to heal wounds?

Our vets said that I could apply it to a wound, but they did not use it in their practice. I'm hesitant to experiment.

Asked by Member 877221 on Jan 1st 2012 in Medications

Best Answer

Ully

Mommy never had used it on cats. I don’t know if Colloidal Silver is the same, but mommy used a silver spray at her dog leishmaniasis wounds and it worked greatly!!! :)

The product formula is:
Each 100 ml contains:

Trichlorfon ... ... ... 2.0 g

Praletrina ... ... ... 0.5 g

Silver Sulfadiazine ... ... ... 0.1 g

Aluminum ... ... ... 5.0 g

Geraniol ... ... ... 2.0 ml

Vehicle qsp ... ... ... 100.0 ml

Ully answered on Jan 2nd.

Answers

To be very honest, I would be most hesitant to use anything that the vet was not 100% on board with on any of my animals. Did you take your cat in to the vet's to be examined? A deep wound, especially one caused by another animal could contain bacteria and perhaps even rabies if the dog was a stray. Infection could already be brewing in your cat's system and she may need an antibiotic. The wound may need bandaging to keep her from chewing at it, and she might even benefit from some pain management if, as you say, the wound is deep. If it were one of my animals, I would definitely take them into their vet's and follow their expert advice. I would never "experiment" on them with anything if they were hurt. Purrs and let us know how she is doing.