Cats eating kitty litter?

Yes, they say not to use clumping litter for kittens. What about adult cats? I had to change litter suddenly because I didn't have time to go to my regular pet store (yes, I could probably buy it online). I have just cleaned the litter pans and the cats are mystified. Some sleep in it. Some try to eat it. Some dig and dig, but don't produce anything. Yes, I should have done this change gradually. The cats are confused. I have to go to work immediately and don't have the option of changing their litter at this moment. I don't want to come home to kitties with intestinal obstructions. In Japan, we don't have the kitty litters available in the U.S.--all kitty litters are clumping ones, although they may be made of clay, tofu refuse, or paper. My cats like kitty litter made from tofu refuse. This clay stuff is confusing them. I can't miss a day of work with impunity nor be late. Gee, you'd at least think they'd be happy that it's clean...

Asked by Chibi on Jun 3rd 2010 in Swallowing Foreign Objects

Answers

Toby Tomcat Dreamboat #122b

Don't you have some paper around to put in the box? Just for a day? I would go to lengths to make sure the boys are healthy.

Toby Tomcat Dreamboat #122b answered on 6/4/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Wilson sweet baby Angel

If they are eating it I would shred up a bunch of newspaper, and use that in the meantime.

Wilson sweet baby Angel answered on 6/4/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer