piper

cat wiskers

what would make a cats wiskers fall off i gave a cat to someone i am getting ready to go get him back they told me his wiskers are falling off he was very healthy when they got him and i have never had a cats wiskers fall off can they do that or would i be out of line to think they cut them for some reason ?

Asked by piper on Feb 3rd 2010 in Home Grooming

Answers

Sussie Q (pronounced Suzzie Q)

www.chienworks.com

read that

Sussie Q (pronounced Suzzie Q) answered on 2/3/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Sussie Q's answer is a good one, and the link--you have to scroll down quite far to get the information you need--is a good one. I'd recommend that you have him looked at by a vet. I'm a bit confused by why you rehomed him, but if the new home had other cats, rough play could account for whisker loss. However, this is more common in kittens--I've had my share of kittens who had their whiskers bitten off by their siblings. But if his whiskers are not just shortened, but actually falling off--go to the vet. By the way, Piper is a gorgeous cat, and although you designate him as a Maine Coon (sorry, this is OT), something tells me that he's a Norwegian Forest Cat mix. The problem is that Maine Coons and NFCs are said to be related. To the amateur eye, they look almost identical, but I've seen so many MCs and NFCs at cat shows that I know that NFC look. Sorry for the useless information. When in doubt, go to the vet. And good luck.

Chibi answered on 2/4/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer