Cat throwing up white foam. What is happening?

I have had my female cat for two years and never has this happened. She has been throwing up a white foam and won't eat. She drinks water but she is losing weight but she is still acting normal. Should I check her into the vet or the er? Is it a sickness or something else? Please help.

Asked by Member 872525 on Aug 30th 2009 Tagged cat, sick, vomiting, white, foam in Illness & Disease

Best Answer

Shadow's right, it's an emergency and you need a vet. Any time you notice a change in your cat's eating and drinking habits, she needs a vet. They are creatures of habit, and unfortunately this could be a symptom of a huge number of things. Keep us posted!

answered on Aug 30th.

Answers

Shadow

You need to get your cat to the Vet ASAP. It is dangerous if a cat has not eaten in 24hrs.
Try and get some water into your cat in the meantime by using a syringe, and trying to hand feed the cat with some wet food.

Shadow answered on 8/30/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Boris

She's sick and needs to see a vet immediately. It is best to take a cat who stopped eating to the vet within 24 hours, so please rush her there if you can.

Boris answered on 9/1/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer