Cat stopped grooming its self and he is losing his personality

some time last week my cat stopped grooming himself and now he is just not himself at all... he is totally diffrent ive noticed that his eyes dont open very far when im with him.. i just dont know what to do and i love this cat!! can some one please help me

Asked by Member 993598 on Jun 22nd 2010 Tagged behavior, change, grooming, stopped in Behavior & Training

Answers

The person who can help you and your kitty is a vet. Go NOW! He sounds very sick. Good luck and purrs.

Timmy Tomcat DB #122a

Yes you need to take kitty to the vets asap. Now I do not want to alarm you as it is a time of changing seasons. I have had kitties do really odd things for no identifiable reason whatsoever. I do alway run to the vet as safe is not sorry. Purrs prayers and pets to you all!!!

Timmy Tomcat DB #122a answered on 6/22/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Mr. Kitty

Take your cat to the vet immediately. When a cat stops grooming, it is a sign that he may be very ill. The half closed eyes (usually with the "third eyelid" visible) are another warning signal. I implore you to please seek medical attention for your kitty - the sooner the better. Please keep us updated on his condition!

Mr. Kitty answered on 7/1/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer