Cat has swollen bottom lip

Hi,

I have a 9 month old kitten and a 4 month old kitten. My 9mo old kitten's bottom lip has become swollen. I noticed it about 4 days ago, and have been watching to see if it will get better by itself.

The first time i noticed, it seemed like he had a cut or scrap on the lip, because it looked like skin was peeling off. That has gone away, but it has become very swollen.

I'm very close to taking him to a vet, but wanted to post somewhere to see if this something that isn't too serious, like a cut from the other kitten from when they play.

Below are two pictures.

Thank you!!

www.ravenmultimedia.com
www.ravenmultimedia.com

Asked by Member 989713 on Jun 1st 2010 Tagged swollen, lip, kitten, inflamed, cut in Skin Problems

Answers

Sadie/ In loving memory

Your kitty's lip could have become infected. It would be best to take him to a vet for an exam and proper medication. sometimes when kitties play, they get too rough and this can happen. I hope your kitty gets better soon.

Sadie/ In loving memory answered on 6/1/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I don't have an answer, but my cats lower lip looks exactly like that and I was just wondering if you found out the cause? I will take my cat to the vet but being so close to christmas it will be hard, any advice?