Cat has peculiar contagious bald spot.

My cat has been getting these odd patches for the past year. At first, it looks like he has very rigorously licked one 1 1/2 inch long spot on his body (usually on an arm or leg) and it looks very matted down and moist. The next day it will be an upraised long piece of skin- I can gently pull it off (along w/ the now fluffy fur) & the surrounding skin/scab seems a little bit powdery. The spot it leaves always looks like it was cleanly shaved from the cat, no patchiness, irritaion or discoloration. I've tried searching the internet with many keywords, but I can not find any thing that looks similar. Otherwise, he's healthy. I adopted an adult rabbit in March and he now has a spot the size of an eraserhead right in front of his eye...
Can any one tell me what this is???

Asked by Member 1118481 on Jul 1st 2012 in Skin Problems

Answers

My first thought was ringworm. Recommend that you take him to the vet for testing.

Nika

Perhaps it is Mange?

Nika answered on 7/9/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer