Bella

Cat Eating Habits

I'm turning one this week and my mom has noticed that for the last two weeks I haven't been eating as much as usual. I used to run to my food bowls every time my mommy would fill them up. Now I only do that sometimes and other times I'm not interested. Also I used to eat all of the food my mommy gave me, but now I don't always finish it like I used to. I still eat most of it but there is definitely a noticeable amount more left in my bowls

I'm an indoor cat, but still very active and acting the same in every other way. My mommy is just nervous that something might be wrong with me or that I may be a little sick. Any advice to help my mom out??

Asked by Bella on Nov 2nd 2008 Tagged cat, food, behavior, eating, little in Behavior & Training

Answers

Aw, Bella, is just so beautiful!

If you really are concerned that your little girl might be sick, I would take her to the vet and get some bloodwork done! That would be the best way to determine if she wasn't feeling well or not.

When your kitten reaches adulthood, she doesn't require nearly as many calories as she did when she was a kitten- so perhaps Bella is just adjusting her eating habits because she is no longer a kitten- but an adult.

Bella might also just be bored of her old food! Perhaps it's time to change it up a little! Get some sample baggies of quaity cat food from your local pet store and see which kind she likes best! Make sure that four of the first six ingredients are meat and also make sure there is no corn or wheat in the food. Yucky! Kitties are carnivores not cornivores!

Best of luck with you and your baby, may you spend many more happy years together!

Minxy (1987-2008)

As long as you are still active, eating and not losing weight I don't think there's anything to worry about.

Kittens burn a lot more calories than adult cats and at around a year your metabolism will have slowed down to its adult level. So you are at about the right age for that to happen.

Minxy (1987-2008) answered on 11/2/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer