Can you identify my kittens breed?

This was a stray that we found at 4 weeks old and have taken in, now he is about 7 weeks old. Any thoughts on what breeds it might be? The vet thinks some Persian and I am wondering what else it may have!!

Here are some photos:

i1099.photobucket.com

i1099.photobucket.com

i1099.photobucket.com

Asked by Member 1066583 on Oct 27th 2011 Tagged breedidentification, kitten in Other Kittens

Answers

If adorable were a breed, your baby would take the top prize! Seriously, it's almost impossible to pin one specific breed on a cat, especially one whose history you know nothing about. For years I thought Delilah was a Maine Coon Mix b/c that's what the shelter said. However, a friend here on Catster has Persians and after seeing them, I realize she's a Persian Mix instead and I've had her for 4 years. Your baby probably has a big family tree with lots of branches and different kitties sitting on those branches. Maine Coon? Maybe. Persian? Maybe. Some people will tell you he's "just a moggie" (catspeak for "mutt") but to you he's precious and sweet and that's all that matters. Love him for who he is, socialize him,neuter him, keep him safe and healthy and you will have a loyal friend and "lap warmer" for many years to come. Purrs!

Izzie is right. Your kitten is adorable! Technically he would be considered a Domestic Medium hair. Any cat who's background is unknown or uncetain is technically a Domestic mix. Guessing the background of a Domestic mix it just that - a guess. Most cats don't have breeds like the dog world. Only about 5% of cats are registered purebreds. Persian or Main Coon mix? Maybe, but we'll never know for sure. Just love your kitten for who he is. He doesn't need a bred.

Mr. Meow

In my opinion he looks a lot like a maine coon, he looks very similar to the way my daughters cat Mr. Meow looked when he was a kitten, and if he is a maine coon you are quite lucky, they are very loving, mellow, and so beautiful/handsome good luck and enjoy him no matter what breed he turns out to be just because he's so adorable already...

Mr. Meow answered on 10/27/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer