CAN I GIVE MY CAT BENEDRYL?

Asked by Member 902612 on Oct 19th 2009 Tagged canigivemycatbenedryl in Alternative Treatments

Answers

No please don't! Never give human medication to a cat without a vet telling you it's ok. The way it reacts in their body and the correct dose for their size is nothing you should guess at. I know small amounts are safe for a dog for itchiness because a vet has given it to my dog but 1 capsule was used for a 53 pound dog. I don't think any amount is safe for a cat.

Allie's right. I wouldn't give your kitty anything without asking your vet first. It's very easy to give them way too much.

Oliver

Yes, as long as you're doing it under doctor's orders. A while back Ollie had an allergic reaction to something, and the vet instructed us to feed him 1/4 capsule of benadryl- and he was fine.

Oliver answered on 10/19/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Gracie

Absolutely not, unless you have cleared the usage with a vet, who would have instructed you on whether this is feasible or useful for your cat.

Giving her that while not knowing what you are doing can be disastrous. You could make your cat very sick, and s/he might die!

Gracie answered on 10/19/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Bella (In Loving Memory)

Just call your vet and they will give you the dosage, its very simple to remember and easy it know you're giving the right amount. In the correct dose it is VERY safe for kitty. Your vet's receptionist should even be able to tell you the dosage and they won't charge you for the inquiry.

Bella (In Loving Memory) answered on 10/19/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer