Poof

Can anyone suggest a substitute for Royal Canin Hairball dry food?

I tried to switch my Wedgie over to RC from Iams to give her a better coat and reduce hairballs. And I wanted to feed her a better quality food. But she doesn't like it. I've given it 2 months, but she won't eat it and is sneaking over the neighbors to eat their Meow Mix.

Asked by Poof on Dec 7th 2012 Tagged brands, food, mediumcoat, hairballs in Pet Food

Answers

I have to say that my cats weren't crazy about RC either. If Wedgie is having issues with her coat and furballs, I've found that my cats LOVE catgrass I grow for them year round. They don't even wait for it to fully grow before they munch on it. It does "auto-reverse" rather quickly, though, so be prepared with carpet cleaner and a paper towel, but it's better than a hairball impaction inside them. I also groom all 3 of my cats as often as they'll tolerate which helps their coat and decreases hairball manufacture. If I were you, I'd just go back to the Iams. It's not horrific food, and if she's not eating the RC, it's not doing her any good anyway.