Brain injury?

My cat fell from the landing of my spiral stairs to the floor below. I did not see how he landed, but his tail was puffy and he was definitely freaked out when I got down the stairs to him; I'm worried he hit his head. He seems to be favoring his ear a bit, but otherwise he seems okay. He played for a bit, ate, and is now laying down. Other than checking his pupils periodically, is there anything else I can do? Should I rush him to the vet? I've looked up the symptoms of a concussion and am watching him, but I wanted to make sure.

Thanks!

Asked by Member 958433 on Feb 5th 2010 Tagged cat, concussion, fall, symptoms in Other Catster.com

Answers

Please remember that we are not vets here and there is no way we could possibly determine if there is anything wrong with your kitty through a computer. As much as we would like to dole out free veterinary advice, we simply cannot. Hopefully, you already have a vet on board for him. If so, call them to ask for advice on whether or not they want to see him. If you don't have a vet, now is the time to establish yourself (and him) with one. There is no way you can see inside his head and/or body to determine if there's anything wrong from the fall. Chances are he's OK, but you wouldn't be writing to us if you were not concerned about your furbaby, so do yourself a favor and call your vet. Good luck and let us know how he's doing.

Simba

Izzie is right. You should take your cat to the vet for an exam. At least call him and ask him if you should bring him in. It's always better to error on the side of caution. It sounds like you love him and I'm sure you want whats best.

Simba answered on 2/5/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer