Becky

Boarding or staying at home with someone coming to visit daily?

I'm going out of town for 10 days and my options are either 1) board Becky at a strangers house (where she would get constant attention but be in an unfamiliar environment) or 2) leave her home and have a friend check on her daily (where she would be alone most of the time but be in a familiar environment). Becky is in general easygoing and friendly. I know all cats are different, so there may not be a right answer, but I am still interested in any input. I just want whats best for her! Thanks in advance!

Asked by Becky on Dec 12th 2012 in Lodging

Answers

Whenever my Mommy goes out of town, she'll get my grandpa to come by twice a day to care for me. Sure I miss Mommy, but I get to stay in my apartment. I think that is much better. Check in with your friend to make sure they don't forget to come by.

George

I love in home care givers! Whenever I go away I get a friend or family member to come by and check in on my kitties. If no one is available then I turn to a trusted local pet sitter who comes to our home. We pay her based on how often we ask her to visit and how many animals she is looking after. It is nice to know that our animals don't have to go through the stress of being boarded in a scary new place, and the car rides involved in getting their. Some dogs will appriciate being in a boarding environment if they enjoy other dogs and new people, but cats are creatures of habit and do not appriciate change.

George answered on 12/15/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer