blood in there poop

Why would there be blood in my cats poop

Asked by Member 1157276 on Feb 27th 2013 in Medications

Answers

Kodiak

My kitten had this happen, he had worms. I'd say take him to the vet, soon! They gave me some medicine and the blood and worms went away. But, yes, I would say take him to the vet as soon as possible.

Kodiak answered on 2/27/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Boris

My cat Boris used to have blood in his poop when he was a kitten. Took him to the vet. Had sample of poop taken and analysed. He had some kind of bacteria. Took 3 weeks to get results back . I live in Sydney and sample of poop was send the States. Very costly. Then the people in the vet clinic said they needed to do another test. We didn't as we felt it was another money making thing.
Boris is 4 years old and his poop is normal and has no blood.
As long as your cat has a good appetite and general good health, I feel he/ she should be fine. On going observation is important though.

Boris answered on 3/4/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer