Munchkin

Are cats' noses supposed to be wet?

Are cats supposed to have wet noses like dogs? If it's dry, is that bad?

Asked by Munchkin on Jan 29th 2008 in Health & Wellness

Answers

Ernie and Izzie have cold, wet noses. I can attest to that fact because they have a habit of head-bonking me in the AM when they want their breakfast and it's like someone put an ice cube on my neck! However, Delilah's nose is drier and warmer. All three cats are healthy. My dog's noses are cool but not that wet. (I just checked Jessie's and now she's giving me a very weird, kinda-dirty look for disturbing her.) However, if the kitty's nose is dripping, their eyes are running and they're sneezing/wheezing, then a call to the doc is in order.

Yahiko

Our noses are supposed to be moist at all times, except during nap time. When we're going to sleep, and even when we first wake up, our noses get dry. It's perfectly normal. However, if your nose is dry all the time, it might be time for your humans to take you to the vet. -Nod nod.-

Yahiko answered on 1/30/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

More Questions in This Category