Anyone had success using the "stink finder" light for urine marking?

I bought the black light and the box of course shows how it illuminates matter like urine, blood, vomit etc... Has anyone had positive uses of it? I can't be within 6 inches for every spot in a room to try to see where the urine is. I assume it was a gimic I fell for but I'd love to know the secret if it works for anyone. I've used it in totally dark room and the black light shows lint balls etc. but I can't identify urine. Thanks for any help, or an alternative (to find urine marks) from anyone.

Asked by Member 628763 on Mar 26th 2009 Tagged urinemarking in Odor Eliminators

Answers

I'm hoping someone answers this as I'm also trying to figure out if I'm doing something wrong. I found it works generally when you have the light a few inches away from vomit etc but for urine I haven't had any sucess. Even when I waved it over a used litter box it didn't seem to highlight the urine :-(

I bought mine to check my cats for ringworm because I had a problem with that a while back. Ringworm fungus glows greenish. I can tell you it works for that but I thankfully have never had anybody pee outside their box. I have a couple of areas on my comforter where I know there is drool where one of the cats regularly sleeps so I just went to check and it definitely glowed purple. I can see the outline of the spot so it does work. In fact, I am a little grossed out right now and I think I will wash the comforter today. LOL