Adopting 2 kittens. Do munchkins get along with average kittens

Have adopted a part persian male 6 wks old. Will pick him up on the 10th of August. Throught 2 would be best and found a cute female to adopt but owner later told me she was a munchkin and had just had her 2 weeks. Concern is can munchkin and persian get along. I do not want her hurt and I am already want the black persian. Hope you can understand the question. I am an experience cat owner and most of my cats have lived til about 15 years so this is an important decision for me. Thanks for your time.

Asked by Member 1123845 on Aug 2nd 2012 in Other Kittens

Answers

I understand what you are asking. I believe that it's more the personality that the cats develope as they grow that will determine their relationship more than their individual breeds. Also, how you socialize them is a big factor in how they see their world. If you are experienced with cats, you know that when they play, it sounds like they're fighting. When you get these babies together, you'll need to supervise them just like human babies. They will need training, exposure to other people, to be spayed/neutered/vaccinated, you know all this already, I'm sure. You will become the "Mama" Cat and need to establish yourself as such. One kitten will most likely turn out to be dominant over the other. When you see this happening, you can interfere only to the point that the dominant cat does not terrorize the submissive one, but cats do have their heirarchy. All in all, having 2 kittens is a fun-time whirlwind. Join Catster and post photos. We LOVE baby pictures!!!