Active at night and more social????

So I posted this a couple day a go and got some good feedback

www.catster.com

Now my question is would it be normal behavior for the cat (Marilyn) to be more social at night. I know cats tend to be night animals and sleep during the day but she will jump up on the sofa and timidly lay by me wanting to be brushed or played with where during the day I'm walking on the right side of the table and she is run past the left side like I am a big nasty guy. I know its going to take time for her to come around but whats the difference from day to night??? siting on the sofa during the day she is no where to be found and if she does come out of her hiding spot she is running the other way. this is somewhat new to me, I know all about dogs but cats are strange.....

Asked by Member 1140750 on Nov 17th 2012 Tagged hiding, difference, day, night in Socialization

Answers

The last 3 words of your question pretty much sum it all up: "Cats are strange" and if we could figure out why and publish a book, we'd be able to pay off the National Debt. I can tell you that my cats, except for Delilah are pretty much the same way. When I sit down for the evening, they seem to KNOW I'll be in the chair for a while and come up on my lap. During the day, they don't run from me as much as stay out of my way, especially if I am cleaning or banging pots and pans around. Right now, I have visual of only 1 cat, Delilah. Izzie and Lizzie are probably on or under a bed or in a windowsill someplace. My dogs, on the other hand, are ALWAYS underfoot I'm sure both think their name is "MOVE!" If you can brush or play with her and she tolerates it, keep it up, by all means! Cats don't really care if you like them or not, not like dogs do. And they decide for themselves if they'll like you. Give her lots of time, patience, kindness and love. Don't take her 'tude personally!