7

75% of the time I feed my 2 female cats canned food they either only eat a small portion of it or they lick the juice and leave the meat. I have tried all of the different types of canned food and the results are the same. They still beg for it if I don't feed them it. They do eat there dry food but my skinny cat does not eat enough and my fat rag doll eats like a horse.

Asked by Member 1077625 on Dec 14th 2011 in Pet Food

Answers

I have often wanted to bring my cats to the store with me, open the wet food cans and say, "You like this one? What about THIS one?" And there's no guarantee that if they like it on Monday, they'll still like it on Tuesday. I give them the speech about hungry kitties in China but they could care less. In my house, it's Izzie who inhales the food he likes, including off the plates of his sisters and Delilah is skinny as well. Cats can and do survive on just dry food. In our house, each cat gets 1/3 of a small can twice a day. It's about 2 tablespoonsful a day. They also beg for it. Izzie will follow me around the house performing operatic arias until I feed him his "treat". Try feeding each cat just a little, like I do. If you are feeding a good quality dry food, they really do get what they need from that.

Twinkle is real picky about the kinds of food that she'll eat. She usually won't eat any popular name brand food that you can get just anywhere. I have to buy her food at special stores. She loves Best Feline Friend & Fussie Cat wet food the best. Have you tried those?