3 wk old kitten with CH and twisted front legs

I have a 3wk old kitten that has CH I think and twisted front legs. She was keeping up in weight gain with her siblings until a few days ago. I started having to help her nurse, then yesterday when I tried to help her she wouldn't suck, so I got her some formula. My question is, has anyone had a kitten with both of these issues, and if so what kind of life could be expected if I am able to keep her alive?

Asked by Member 1138991 on Nov 4th 2012 Tagged health, ch, twistedlegs in Kittens

Answers

Batfink

Are you describing Cerebellar hypoplasia? Has your cat been diagnosed with it? Some cats can go on to live with a quality of life and learn to compensate with tremors etc but im not sure if there is any treatment with it and as far as i know it does not get better, as for the twisted legs , i have no experience of this at all. Im a bit concerened as sometimes CH can be caused by bacterial infections such as Feline panleukopenia virus (FPV),are your other cats ok?i really suggest you get kitty to the vet asap, for diagnosis and treatment, the first few weeks are really critical they are so small and fragile.
Hope all is well

Batfink answered on 11/4/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer