Natura Pet Products Inc. announced a voluntary recall Monday of several brands of cat and dog kibble after the U.S. Food and Drug Administration confirmed the presence of salmonella bacteria in a random sample.
This March 18 recall is purely precautionary, and no animal or human health issues have been reported.
The affected products are sold in bags through veterinary clinics, select pet specialty retailers, and online outlets in the United States, Canada, Korea, Malaysia, Japan, Hong Kong, and Costa Rica. Expiration dates range from Dec. 17, 2013, through Jan. 2, 2014.
The recall does not affect Innova or Evo canned food, biscuits, bars, or treats, or any other Natura Pets dry cat food.
The following cat products have been recalled:
- Evo Cat & Kitten Turkey & Chicken Formula, 4 oz., 2.2 lb., 6 lb., and 15.4 lb.
Lot numbers 2355A70003, 2355A70004, 2356A70002, 2356A70003, 2356A70004, 2366A70002, 2366A70004, 3001A70003, 3002A70003
- Evo Cat Herring & Salmon Formula, 4 oz., 2.2 lb., 6 lb., and 15.4 lb.
Lot numbers 2357A70004, 2361A70002, 2361A70003, 2361A70004, 2362A70003
- Innova Cat Turkey and Chicken Formula, 4 oz., 2.2 lb., 6 lb., and 15 lb.
Lot numbers 2362A70002, 2362A70003, 2363A70002, 2363A70003, 2363A70004
- Innova Cat Turkey and Chicken Senior 8 Plus Formula, 4 oz., 2.2 lb., 6 lb., 15 lb.
Lot numbers 2353A70002, 2353A70003, 2353A70004
- Innova Cat Turkey and Chicken Weight Management Formula, 4 oz., 2.2 lb., 6 lb., and 15 lb.
Lot numbers 2354A70002, 2354A70003, 2354A70004, 2362A70001, 2363A70001, 2363A70004, 2364A70003, 2364A70004
If you have one of these products, discard them. For more information or for a product replacement or refund, contact Natura by phone at (800) 224-6123, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Central Time.
A number of Natura’s Innova, Evo, California Naturals, and Healthwise dog kibble products are also affected. If you have dogs that eat these foods, download this PDF to see whether your dog’s product is being recalled.