Calling All Cats (and Their Staff): Sell Your Stuff & Save a Life!
Look around your house real quick. Think about what's in your closet, under the bed, on the top shelf in the garage... Why not sell it in the first-ever virtual garage sale for homeless pets?
Sounds fun, right? It's the latest challenge by those animal-loving folks at BlogPaws Be the Change for Pets (I'm one of the founders! Crazy and PROUD.) We're calling for everyone to list their items for sale from May 18-May 25 and donate the proceeds they earn to their favorite local shelter!
Moo here: Moooooom! Can I sell my toys? I would sell my most favoritest feather wand toy to help the shelter kitties!
Me: Moo, that's very nice of you, but I think maybe we should sell some of my stuff... like the clothes I don't wear anymore and the books I already read.
Are you in? Say yes! It's simple to participate:
1. Say you're in and tell us on the Be the Change for Pets Facebook page.
2. List your stuff on eBay, Craiglist, have a real garage sale on your front yard, etc. (Make sure you use include the tag #SaleForPets in any listing titles so people know you're part of the sale and see it in search!)
Moo again!: Can I go out in the yard?! I want to help with the sale!
Me again (*sigh*): No, Moo. You're not allowed. You can snoopervise from the window if we decide to do a yard sale.
3. Add your "for sale" items to our category lists on the http://www.blogpawsbethechange.com site. (Think of the lists here as a shopping guide where you can see all that's for sale! The place to post the sale items will be up soon.)
4. Your stuff sells, collect payment, ship it to the buyer.
Moo: Make sure you check the box for your kitties before you ship it off! MOL!
5. Donate the money to your local shelter. You pick! And tell us who you donated to. (We'll post an email address to tell us soon.)
Moo: Oooh! I want to donate the money we raise to Cats Exclusive. That's the one you always talk about, right Mom?
Me: Yup, Moo. You got something right for once! That's my absolute favorite shelter. I call it "heaven on earth."
Keep an eye on http://www.blogpawsbethechange.com for all the updates and info. In the meantime, go through your stuff and see what you can sell! Anything can sell and every single dollar helps!
That's it! Imagine all the shelters and all the animals all over the world we can help! I'm excited and I hope you are, too!
Here's the code. Just copy/paste into your blog:
Moo meows: Can we put the badge on your other blog, YourDailyCute.com, mom? Please pretty please with catnip on top?
Me: Of course, little Moo. It's already there!
Moo: Can we sell my brother, Pimp?
Me: Absolutely not! He was here first, Moo. Besides, who would you terrorize if that poor cat wasn't around?
I hope you all will help spread the word and participate! I just know this event can be huge and lots of fun!
And if you're interested in buying some of the stuff for sale to help pets, just search eBay for "#SaleForPets" and all of the items in the garage sale will show up in the list! (Because we're using that tag in all our listing titles, don't forget!)
More info is available on the Challenge Facebook tab. Now let's get selling!